Tuesday 18 October 2011

The Battle Goes On...

My progress has been slowed a bit by a virus and overt exhaustion.  All pattern pieces have been cut out of a second hand sheet and all bits of gathering have been completed.  I stitched the first couple of pieces together with no problems (though the thread kept bunching underneath for some reason). Now, though, I come to grading the seams, a problem I had the previous time.  Somehow, when grading this portion (which would accomodate part of the bust), I've given myself a silhouette akin to bullet bras.  It's all part of the learnign process, so I shall, in my acclimated-Britishness, keep calm (mostly!) and carry on.

On a lighter note, I've recently found the site for Denver Fabrics, an online store mentioned and recommended on a number of blogs and webpages.  The prices are great and the fabrics look amazing.  So many ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment